Thursday, March 13, 2008

Welcome to Lesson a Week!

Welcome all to Lesson a Week. Every week I plan on releasing a now guitar lesson for a Jonathan Coulton song of your choice. All you have to do is go to the forums on JoCo's website and vote for the song you want me to do in the Lesson a Week thread. Every week around Tuesday, I will be uploading a new lesson. I plan on doing these at least for 2 months, but if I have the time and energy I'll continue beyond that. Every once in awhile I may throw up a mini lesson for some small element of a JoCo song, like a guitar solo. Please feel free to subscribe to my feed to automatically have your videos added when I post new ones.

Here's what's available so far:

Lesson a Week 1: Skullcrusher Mountain


Lesson a Week 2:Future Soon


Mini Lesson: Shop Vac guitar solo

2 comments:

Paul R. Potts said...

The intro E/Esus4 chords to Skullcrusher Mountain are one of those bits that is deceptively complicated: it sounds like JoCo is doing some tricky jumping around to alternate hitting several bass strings with single strings in the treble. It would be great to see this bit tabbed out precisely or demoed more slowly.

Paul R. Potts said...

I forgot to add that I really appreciate all your work both in recording these and in tabbing out (or correcting the tabs) for JoCo's songs!